Local Administrator account become locked out automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends

I am using a Windows xp 32-bit Professional OS which is not connected to my domain ,means still in the Workgroup. From the last few weeks i noticed that whenever i trying run-as administrator commands its not working and giving me some error messages, showing your administrator account is locked out .and when i checking the Administrator account properties in the local users and groups i can see tick on Account is locked out. i have unchecked that from there and again after some minutes say 10 -15 minutes it gets locked .I have checked all possible group policies and disabled my anti-virus program.same result and also i disconnected all shared folders and disconnected from the network.

And also i have checked all events logged in the system ,Applications and security ...No more matching issues ....

Please Help me to find out the reason and solution ....

Thanks & Regards

Sajesh Sreenivas

Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:35 AM

Answers

• It seems the PC is affected with malware. Run MalwareBytes from here: http://www.malwarebytes.org.

Balaji Kundalam

Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:44 AM
  • ... i have unchecked that from there and again after some minutes say 10 -15 minutes it gets locked ...

Hi,

Perhaps you can look into these areas for stored (and expired) password:

• Check to see if there are any Services that is running using the affected administrator account.
    • Check to see if there are any Scheduled Tasks running using the affected administrator account.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tas Chew

• Edited by Tas76 Friday, October 4, 2013 8:02 AM Removed invalid statement
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharmaModerator Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:58 AM
    Friday, October 4, 2013 7:21 AM

All replies

• It seems the PC is affected with malware. Run MalwareBytes from here: http://www.malwarebytes.org.

Balaji Kundalam

Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:44 AM
  • ... i have unchecked that from there and again after some minutes say 10 -15 minutes it gets locked ...

Hi,

Perhaps you can look into these areas for stored (and expired) password:

• Check to see if there are any Services that is running using the affected administrator account.
    • Check to see if there are any Scheduled Tasks running using the affected administrator account.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tas Chew

• Edited by Tas76 Friday, October 4, 2013 8:02 AM Removed invalid statement
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharmaModerator Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:58 AM
    Friday, October 4, 2013 7:21 AM
  • Has the issue resolved?

Balaji Kundalam

Monday, May 19, 2014 9:24 AM