UAG - Add application - Remote Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I've successfully managed to add a Remote Desktop (Predefined) application to my UAG portal but was wondering whether you can customise what users see when they log into a trunk.

I want to set a few predefined Remote Desktops where the application can only be seen by specific user/s. User A logs in and sees the application 'User A Remote Desktop' which connects to User A's desktop. User B gets the same thing: a 'User B Desktop' application but doesn't see the application for User A. Hope that makes sense.

I've restricted the RD so that User A can only connect to User A's desktop but it would be nice to hide User B, C, D's application from them.

Maybe there's a simpler way of doing this?

Monday, January 24, 2011 4:20 PM

All replies

• Hi

You don't have to publish multiple Remote Desktop applications in order to allow multiple users to access their respective desktops. You can publish just one single Remote Desktop application, and use a piece of ASP script that gets executed every time a user logs on to the portal, and, based on whatever logic you want, sets the destination to which the user will be able to RDP.

This customization is described here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607330.aspx#Host_at_Login

Note that the sample code provided at the above link has a small mistake (in the else statement) , and the correct sample should look like this:

<%

set usrinfo = GetSessionLeadUser(g_cookie)

if usrinfo.Domain = "mydomain1" then

SetSessionParam g_cookie, "RDHosts", usrinfo.User & "-desktop"

else

SetSessionParam g_cookie, "RDHosts", "192.168.1.112"

end if

%>

Regards,

-Ran
    • Proposed as answer by Ran [MSFT] Monday, April 4, 2011 6:32 PM
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 4:01 PM