MDT - Windows 10 enterprise 1709 fails capture / Networking problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello :-)

I've done a master with Windows 10 Enterprise x64 eng v1709 successfully - My MDT server is on the latest version and with the ADK 1709. I've recreated an image ISO/WIM to boot on and to start a deployment.

I wanted to capture my Windows 10 - So I opened the Litetouch.vbs script and launch a task sequence to capture&sysprep the image.
    The image is capturing successfully BUT, at the end, I have a yellow screen with an error : "No networking adapters found".

I've tried to deploy this image, it will deploy (with good drivers) but there will be no networking and my Win10 v1709 will not start (failling at the first start, when it tries to reach internet to continue...)

Hope you'll understand, my english is not so good... :)

Thank you !
    Julien

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 7:27 AM

Answers

• What kind of network adapter are you using on VMware? I remember there are three adapters with the vmxnet being the default one. You may want to switch to a different adapter or include the VMware driver for the vmxnet adapter into your image.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Marked as answer by Julien HOMMET Monday, January 15, 2018 2:58 PM
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:14 PM
  • Finally find a solution by myself:

Updating MDT to the last version to be compliant with Windows 10 ENT 1709 (mdt v8450)

Have to remove the networking card Intel E1000, reboot VM, install a VMXNET3 network card, install VMware tools, reboot and finally, even there's still an avertissement of networking problem, I can sysprep&capture the VM and use the Windows 10 ENT 1709 deployed by the MDT :)

Monday, January 15, 2018 2:58 PM

All replies

• There is not enough information here to make an estimated guess. Could you elaborate on your build & capture process? Are you building your image on a physical machine? Are you deploying your resulting image to a different set of hardware? How are you injecting drivers into your image during deployment?

Cheers,
    Anton

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:18 AM
  • Hello Anton.

Here the information :

• My master is created in a VM - (VMware), latest ISO of Windows 10 Enterprise x64 eng v1709
    • Everything I need is in my master. I update my master and install some software in it. When the master is ready, I'll snapshot it.
    • I have a TS to sysprep and capture in my MDT - This TS is a sysprep&capture sequence, parameters are by default. When I've created this task, it needs a ".wim" : I've imported my Windows 10 ISO on my MDT server and selected the .wim for this task.
    • In my master, I'm logging in the MDT via the explorer, go to the deployment share, go to the "scripts" folder and double-clic on "Litetouch.vbs".
    • The preparation of the capture is OK, Windows will sysprep and reboot in WinPE to launch the capture
    • When the capture is done, the .wim "captured" is send to the MDT server, successfully ! I can see the .wim in the folder "Capture" on my MDT server - BUT, at the end of the cature, I have this yellow windows "1 error 2 warnings"

"No networking adapters found, the network drivers for your devices are not present
    - Unable to create Webservice Class
    - Unable to create Webservice Class"

I deploy this image on VM and some PC - To inject drivers, I have the task "inject drivers" on the task sequence, with some "selections profiles" that I've created before.

Hope you'll have the information needed :-)

Thanks !
    Julien

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:41 AM
  • Hello,

I've tried to capture an image of Windows 10 Enterprise v1607... again the same problem of networking driver !! At the end of the capture, it says "no networking adapters fouund"

I don't understand why I have this pb... I can't send you logs, my network where I have my MDT is disconnected of the net.

:-(

EDIT : Even if there's the problem of the "networking adapter not found" on Windows 10 ent v1607, I can deploy it successfully and use it.

In Windows 10 v1709, I'm stuck after the deployment on "we have to connect to download an update"... And Windows 10 will reboot because it didn't find any internet connection... :-(

• Edited by Julien HOMMET Monday, December 18, 2017 1:56 PM capture ok but...
    Monday, December 18, 2017 1:10 PM
  • What kind of network adapter are you using on VMware? I remember there are three adapters with the vmxnet being the default one. You may want to switch to a different adapter or include the VMware driver for the vmxnet adapter into your image.

Cheers,
    Anton

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:14 PM
  • I'm using the Intel E1000 on my VM - I've tried to install every drivers (Intel and VMware) into my image, and nothing else :(

I've tried to capture my image with the VMXnet... same problem :(

Don't know really what happen. On logs, there are few informations, just "No networking adapters found".

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:28 AM
  • Finally find a solution by myself:

Updating MDT to the last version to be compliant with Windows 10 ENT 1709 (mdt v8450)

Have to remove the networking card Intel E1000, reboot VM, install a VMXNET3 network card, install VMware tools, reboot and finally, even there's still an avertissement of networking problem, I can sysprep&capture the VM and use the Windows 10 ENT 1709 deployed by the MDT :)

Monday, January 15, 2018 2:58 PM
  • You could just inject the VMXNET3 driver into the wim instead of installing VMware tools for the sysprep and capture.
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 11:11 PM