none
How do I include Generic Team Assignment Pool Resources in the Capacity Planning View? RRS feed

• Question

• When I am in Resource Center I select my resources that are part of the Team Assignment Pool for "NS Security".

I then select the Capacity Planning button and choose the Assignments by Resource View.

But the Generic Resource "NS Security" does not show. I have many tasks a

ssigned to that resource at the moment.

I can't see the total team capacity/availability if I can't include the "NS Security" Team Resource. How can I include what has been assigned to the Team Resource to see if the team exceeds the capacity line during a given time period?

Kris

Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:59 AM

Answers

• Kris,

On your NS Security resource, I usually set this up as a Team Assignment Pool resource that is NOT generic. Generic resources can't have default assignment owners and I want the team lead to be the default assignment owner.

NS Security should also be the only resource on the team where the Team Assignment Pool checkbox is checked and I usually set Max Units to 0%.

Is there anything assigned to NS Security? I'll have to try this out to see if I can replicate the issue.

Treb Gatte, Project MVP | Blog | Twitter | CIO Magazine Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 3:16 AM

All replies

• Kris,

On your NS Security resource, I usually set this up as a Team Assignment Pool resource that is NOT generic. Generic resources can't have default assignment owners and I want the team lead to be the default assignment owner.

NS Security should also be the only resource on the team where the Team Assignment Pool checkbox is checked and I usually set Max Units to 0%.

Is there anything assigned to NS Security? I'll have to try this out to see if I can replicate the issue.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 3:16 AM
  • Confirmed the behavior and am escalating. I'll let you know what I find out.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 3:25 AM
  • Hi Treb,

Were you able to find out more about this issue?

Thanks

Kris

Kris

Thursday, December 10, 2015 4:11 AM
  • I believe that this issue is in process to be fixed.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, December 10, 2015 10:41 AM
  • Hello Gary,

did this get resolved? Because I experience the same behavior in my on premises test installation of Project Server 2016:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b6fd1cf1-cff5-4df4-baa2-673a96b60f6f/team-assignment-pools-in-project-server-2016-capacity-planning?forum=projserv2010setup

Thanks and best regards,

Sven

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:46 AM