Calendar Permissions Free/busy + Edit own items RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have to configure the following in office 365:

1 shared mailbox on info@domain.com

This shared mailbox has a calendar on which in need to configure the following:

user@domain.com must only be able to:

-see free/busy time but

-able to create items and edit own items.

-delete own items

(if it would be somehow possible to do this for user@externaldomain.com that would be nice but it isn't a must).

Help would be GREATLY appreciated, really am clueless how to continue at the moment.

Greetings, 

Simon

Monday, July 7, 2014 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Simon,

To meet your requirement, we can try the following method:

1. Grant Administrator full access permission to the shared mailbox. Then the administrator can open the shared mailbox in Outlook client.

Add-MailboxPermission –Identity SharedMailbox –User Administrator –AccessRights FullAccess

2. After opening shared mailbox in Outlook, right-click the Calendar for the shared mailbox > Properties. In the Permission tab, add User@domain.com to set needed permission. Just like the following picture:

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 5:56 AM
  • Thanks for the help Winnie!

I have tried this before but got a step closer this time, unclear how (permission you linked was allready present) but ive managed to do every required thing as user@domain.com in OWA, not in Outlook on the shared mailbox calendar.

However when I refresh my OWA page or logoff/logon I suddenly am unable to edit or delete my own items and am unable to see the subject of my own created meeting in that calendar. 

It's like the system forgot that user@domain.com initially created the appointement on the shared mailbox calendar.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 1:54 PM