Certificate errors following Migration to Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Following migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010, one of our users is continually getting a prompt to login when opening their mailbox in Outlook 2007 on a machine they share with several other users. Other people using this machine don't get the error and if the user opens their mailbox on their personal office machine they don't get the error. They are prompted two or three times to enter their credentials but it doesn't accept their password. It then connects to Exchange anyway but it throws up a certificate error. I've tried both repairing and recreating their mail profile on the PC. I've also tried turning off cached mode and installing hte certificate locally. I have also flushed the DNS on the machine and I have reinstalled Office on the machine. I even tried resetting their password.

Lisa

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 11:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

that means, you need to rekey your ssl certificate, and autodiscover.domain.com should be published in SAN. 

Regards, Nayan

• Marked as answer by Rah33 Thursday, September 6, 2012 11:18 AM
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi

If you hold down ctrl and click on the outlook icon in the task bar and test email auto configuration does it give you any errors from their?

Have you decommissioned your Exchange 2003 servers?

does the user have the same rights as other users?

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:12 PM
  • Hi,

Certification Error Means ..You need to purchase 3rd Party SSL Certificate ( If you are not purchasing certficate , then you just manually add the self signed certificate to your client machine in Trusted Root Certificate Directory and the Exchnage URL in Trusted Host List) to avoid certification issue.

Regards, Nayan

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:39 PM
  • Hi

No we haven't decommisioned the old 2003 server yet- this is scheduled to happen next week.

The user in question is the only person on that shared machine that has administrator right to the machine , the rest are all standard users. The user is also an administrator on hte machine that they use where the error message doesn't appear.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:21 PM
  • Hi Nayan,

We have an SSL certificate that is installed onto the server and this is sufficient for all the other users except for this particular one. The certificate eroor that is being received is for the autodiscover entry we have had to enter in the DNS.

Lisa

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:24 PM
  • Hi,

that means, you need to rekey your ssl certificate, and autodiscover.domain.com should be published in SAN. 

Regards, Nayan

• Marked as answer by Rah33 Thursday, September 6, 2012 11:18 AM
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:37 AM
  • Hi Nayan,

What exactly do you mean by rekey?

Thanks for your help

Lisa

Thursday, September 6, 2012 9:07 AM
  • Deleted
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 10:00 AM
  • Thanks

Lisa

Thursday, September 6, 2012 11:18 AM
  • Hi Lisa,

Rekey means to generate SAN for SSL certificate without Revoking the Certificate.

Only u need to add SAN Name in the Existing SSL Certificate.

Regards, Nayan

Sunday, September 9, 2012 3:30 PM