Error with Synthetic Ethernet Port RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to create a new VM associated to an external network adapter on Hyper-V RC0. At the end of creation, the VM tries to start but two messages appear on the host machine and the VM disappears (sorry, I use the french version of Windows Server 2008 RTM) :

Virtual Machine Connection

[Main Instruction]
    The Application encountered an error while attempting to change the state of 'w2008-x64-core'.

[Content]
    'w2008-x64-core' failed to start.

Microsoft Synthetic Ethernet Port (Instance ID {7618779D-B062-48F0-B59C-00544F914653}): Failed to Power On with Error 'La ressource ou le périphérique réseau spécifié n'est plus disponible.'

[Expanded Information]
    'w2008-x64-core' failed to start. (VMID 59A55F8F-E60A-4F9D-9C04-3C8951DD9FC1)

'w2008-x64-core' Microsoft Synthetic Ethernet Port (Instance ID {7618779D-B062-48F0-B59C-00544F914653}): Failed to Power On with Error 'La ressource ou le périphérique réseau spécifié n'est plus disponible.' (0x80070037). (VMID 59A55F8F-E60A-4F9D-9C04-3C8951DD9FC1)

Microsoft Windows

[Main Instruction]
    Virtual Machine Worker Process a cessé de fonctionner

[Content]
    Windows peut rechercher une solution au problème en ligne.

I don't understand the problem ?!

Thursday, April 3, 2008 3:33 PM

Answers

• If you change the virtual machine's network adapter to be 'not connected' does it start up correctly?

Cheers,

Ben

Thursday, April 3, 2008 5:10 PM

All replies

• If you change the virtual machine's network adapter to be 'not connected' does it start up correctly?

Cheers,

Ben

Thursday, April 3, 2008 5:10 PM
  • Yes, I tested with "not connected". After, I added the network adapter and the VM starts without problem.
    It's curious because I created some VM before and I hadn't any bug.
    Krys
    Thursday, April 3, 2008 7:04 PM
  • Any fix on this???  I have a fresh system, just installed.  Added the RC0 of hyper-v and I am receiving the same issue mentioned above when trying to create and boot a new VM.

Derek

Thursday, May 1, 2008 6:18 PM
  • I've updated Hyper-V to RC1 version. The creation of a new VM (with virtual network adapter) doesn't reach. The "Synthetic Ethernet Port" error appears again.

Krys

Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:18 AM
  • Try to uninstall/disable AV software.
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 2:13 PM
  • I have find the same problem with hyperv rc1 and a linux guest vm with ic component installed but my linux vm does not start with or without lan connection ( virtual external lan or not connected in setting vm).
    When i try to start the vm i receive the error with the synthetic ethernet port and if i close the hyperv manager and reload new one the vm does not appear.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:28 PM
  • mityak said:

Try to uninstall/disable AV software.

Yessss!! That is the solution for me. I had Windows 2008 Standar 64 Bits Hyper-V but I install Forefront Client Security and New Virtual Machine Wizar failed with this error.

I stopped the services "Microsoft Forefront Client Security Antimalware Service" and "Microsoft Forefront Client Security State Assessment Service". I run the New Virtual Machine Wizard again ... and this run without problems.

Thanks for your help.

Fennix
    Monday, February 2, 2009 5:13 PM
  • Try to uninstall/disable AV software.

Yes! Antivirus software "TrendMicro OfficeScan Client 10" blocked my etherner card.
    Thank you.
    • Proposed as answer by Mark J Casey Monday, November 16, 2009 12:47 PM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 11:25 AM
  • Trend Done exactly the same for me, i disabled all trend services and the Virtual Machine Started.
    Monday, November 16, 2009 12:48 PM
  • That worked for me as well!

Uninstalled Trend WFRS 6.0 client from Hyper-V host machine. VM boots right up. Thanks!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 2:59 PM
  • Just exclude from real-scan the VM disk folder...

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 5:06 PM
  • For me the issue was I had deleted and created a new virtual switch and had not changed the host to use the new switch.
    Friday, September 12, 2014 2:42 AM
  • It turns out that my VMs somehow had two virtual ethernet adaptors, one of which was mapped to an adapter that had been removed from the "Virtual Switch Manager".

Right clicking on the settings, locating the second adaptor, then going to the right side of the screen and clicking the Remove button below the Network Adaptor's configurat properties list, solved the problem.

The error message could be better. Maybe it could say:

"You have two ethernet ports on this VM. Network adaptor #2, has an invalid configuration. Repair or remove the broken network adapter and try again."

Friday, May 31, 2019 4:25 AM