none
Cannot capture Windows 10 1709 RRS feed

• Question

• I've updated the ADK to 1709 and created a reference Windows 10 1709 install in Hyper-V. Problem is when I go to Sysprep and capture. The sysprep goes through just fine, but when it reboots it errors out at the Capture WIM stage and throws the following large chunk of error.

Unable to create WebService class
    Unable to create WebService class
    Error creating an image of drive D:, rc = 5
    ZTI ERROR - Non-zero return code by ZTIBackup, rc = 5
    Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259 0x80004005
    Failed to run the action: Create WIM.
    Access is denied. (Error: 00000005; Source: Windows)
    The execution of the group (Capture Image) has failed and the execution has been abored. An action failed.
    Operation aborted (Error: 80004004; Source: Windows)
    Failed to run the last action: Create WIM. Execution of task sequence failed.
    Access is denied. (Error: 00000005; Source: Windows)
    Task Sequence Engine failed! Code: enExecutionFail
    Task sequence execution failed with error code 80004005
    SetNamedSecurityInfo() failed.
    SetObjectOwner() failed. 0x80070005.
    RegQueryValueExW is unsuccessful for Software\Microsoft\SMS\Task Sequence, SMSTSEndProgram
    GetTsRegValue() is unsuccessful. 0x80070002.
    Error Task Sequence Manager failed to execute task sequence. Code 0x80004005

I've confirmed that the user I'm using has complete read/write access to the capture folder. I've googled for days and haven't found a fix yet.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 11:50 PM

Answers

• Solved!!! I had the credentials hard coded into the bootstrap.ini file. But when I ran litetouch.vbs from the built-in admin account it ends up running as the non-domain local admin account. So once I removed the credentials from the bootstrap.ini, it let me manually enter the creds and it worked! Case closed.
    • Marked as answer by Snipazer1 Thursday, November 30, 2017 4:37 PM
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 4:37 PM

All replies

• Is there, by any chance, a WIM file with the same name in the capture folder already?

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Thursday, November 30, 2017 4:47 AM
  • Solved!!! I had the credentials hard coded into the bootstrap.ini file. But when I ran litetouch.vbs from the built-in admin account it ends up running as the non-domain local admin account. So once I removed the credentials from the bootstrap.ini, it let me manually enter the creds and it worked! Case closed.
    • Marked as answer by Snipazer1 Thursday, November 30, 2017 4:37 PM
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 4:37 PM