none
Lync 2013 lcssync.dll for MIM 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a functional lab environment with 2 x user forests and 1 x central forest on FIM 2010/R2 SP1. Porting that environment to 2016 causes lcssync.dll to fail owing to references to Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.dll,  Microsoft.MetadirectoryServicesEx.dll and logging.dll assembly version differences. I note that GALSync source is included, but no source or new version of lcssync.dll.

Does anyone know if lcssync.dll is going to be provided? Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Error details:

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        FIMSynchronizationService
    Date:          8/17/2015 8:24:23 AM
    Event ID:      6300
    Task Category: Server
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      MIM2016.domain.com
    Description:
    The server encountered an unexpected error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices, Version=3.0.577.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, ObjectHandleOnStack retTypes)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes()
       at Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.Impl.ScriptHost.InitializeWorker(InitializeArguments pArgs)

InnerException=>
    none
    "
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="FIMSynchronizationService" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="49152">6300</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>3</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-08-17T15:24:23.000000000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>1080</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Application</Channel>
        <Computer>MIM2016.paukkunen.net</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices, Version=3.0.577.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, ObjectHandleOnStack retTypes)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes()
       at Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.Impl.ScriptHost.InitializeWorker(InitializeArguments pArgs)

InnerException=&gt;
    none
    </Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

Thanks,

Jarmo

Avanade Lync team

Monday, August 17, 2015 4:06 PM

All replies

• I'm having exact the same problem with a fresh install of MIM 2016 and using Lync 2013 LcsSync.dll.
    No solution found and I can't find any documention about it concerning MIM 2016. Only for FIM 2010.

If anybody has a solution for this, please help!

Thanks,

Lucas

Monday, October 12, 2015 8:31 PM
  • Jarmo,

You may want to try modifying the runtime assembly binding in the miiserver.exe.config file.  The bindingRedirect entry should allow you to redirect calls for the FIM assembly to the MIM assembly.

From what I can see of a fresh MIM install, the assembly binding is:

<runtime>
        <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.MetadirectoryServicesEx" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="3.3.0.0-4.1.3.0" newVersion="4.1.4.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <probing privatePath="Assemblies" />
        </assemblyBinding>
      </runtime>

You'll notice that the oldversion is 3.3 and up.  Your error message seems to indicate 3.0, so I would suggest changing the bindingRedirect to the following and restarting the Sync service:

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="3.0.0.0-4.1.3.0" newVersion="4.1.4.0" />

Cheers,

Marc

Marc Mac Donell, VP Identity and Access Solutions, Avaleris Inc.
    http://www.avaleris.com

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 12:06 PM
  • I'm having exact the same problem with a fresh install of MIM 2016 and using Lync 2013 LcsSync.dll.

Tried Marc solution, but it's still not working. Anyone has solution for this?

Friday, October 23, 2015 10:17 AM
  • the key here would be GALSync. so most likely when you upgrade to MIM, the GALSync is not updated and still referenced to old version. You can rebuild the GALSync with references to MIM's metadirectoryservice dll.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 7:40 AM
  • Same issue .. any update on this one ?
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 2:15 PM
  • I running into this same issue was any solution ever provided?

Thanks,

Forest

Friday, January 8, 2016 11:47 PM
  • Hi Jarmo (and everyone else who's run into this issue), I'm working on trying to get this sorted out. I think we might know what's wrong here, but it will take a bit longer to get it sorted out and see what we might be able to do as far as a resolution goes. I'll be sure to update the forums once we come to a conclusion.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:45 AM
  • Hi Forest, (and everyone else who's run into this issue), I'm working on trying to get this sorted out. I think we might know what's wrong here, but it will take a bit longer to get it sorted out and see what we might be able to do as far as a resolution goes. I'll be sure to update the forums once we come to a conclusion.
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:46 AM
  • Hello,

I think there is no real hidden magic in that solution why not provide a Source Code Visual Studio solution of he lcssync.dll so it is possible to recompile it on our own, like the GalSync.dll

Also some modification are possible than to better fit customers Scenario.

I'm currently in progress of rewriting that solution on my own for a customer who needs some modification to the Default scenario.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Friday, January 15, 2016 2:27 PM
  • Hi Kris,

I m having the same issue, any news?

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:10 PM
  • In case someone else is looking for this, install the latest update for MIM KB 3134725 . Had the same problem but not a lot of info out there. Decided to install the update and after that everything worked like a charm.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 3:07 PM
  • Also worked for me.

I'm using MIM Build 4.3.2266

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 1:51 PM
  • You can get 4.3.2266 here https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hotfix/kbhotfix?kbnum=3171342&kbln=en-us

It also fixed this error for me.

• Proposed as answer by Rick Eveleigh Tuesday, August 30, 2016 2:46 PM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 2:45 PM