MCITP - Operations Manager (Without MOF or ITIL) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Friends,

My intention with this post is discuss about MCITP Certification called Operations Manager. This certification is the status of professionals approved in SCOM (70-400) and SCCM (70-401) certifications. Early Microsoft think offer the MCITP through one exam without name (70-402), but after a lot of discussion this approach was changed (http://forums.technet.microsoft.com/en-US/MOF4/thread/86471b8f-477c-45ac-a385-163bf9925d41). 

Now when you are approved in two exams (SCOM and SCCM) you already recognized as MCITP, but I want to know, What you think about this? 

I think that to be a MCITP called Operations Manager the individual has to need more knowledge about MOF and ITIL, and this is what doesn't happen here

Ps: I was approved in these two exams and I'm MCITP now.

Cleber Marques
    MOF Brazil Project
    Microsoft MVP - Most Valuable Professional

www.mof.com.br | www.clebermarques.com | www.clebermarques.com.br

Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:26 PM

All replies

• I contact Microsoft and confirm this issue. Thi is a mistake, Microsoft intends to launch this certification in the future, no now 

I will maintain them informed

Cleber Marques

MOF Brazil Project

Monday, August 4, 2008 10:52 PM
  • Guys,
    This issue was solved, I received one answer from Microsoft, take a look:

Hello,

We are writing to let you know of a correction we are making to your Microsoft Certification records. You may have noticed that after passing the following two Microsoft certification exams:

• Exam 70-400:  Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007, Configuring
    • Exam 70-401: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Configuring

You were awarded a "Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Operations Manager" certification as well. Unfortunately, this is due to an error on our side: there is no “MCITP: Operations Manager” certification available today.

We are working on developing a certification for the operations space, but nothing has been finalized or announced to date.
    Our systems are being updated to correct this mistake by removing references to the non-existent "MCITP: Operations Manager" certification.  We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and appreciate your understanding. If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us.

Regards,

Microsoft Learning

I'm very sad now :(

Cleber Marques

MOF Brazil Project

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:34 PM