none
SCOM - SCVMM 2016 integration failing. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been trying to integrate SCVMM and SCOM 2016 . I keep getting the same error 

Error (25932)
    Connection to Operations manager failed with exception "Exception of type 'Microsoft.VirtualManager.EnterpriseManagement.Common.ManagementPackExceptionOM10' was thrown."

Recommended Action
    Fix the problem, then try operation again.

The solutions mentioned in various blogs and technet articles did not help. This is a fresh installation of both SCVMM and SCOM servers.

Edit 1:

Followed a couple more "tricks" as per another post. Unchecked enable PRO and maintenance and tried adding connection. Got the same error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit 2:

Tried creating the connection from powershell. it didn't throw any error but the connection was not created either. Below is the command and the result. When i used Get-SCOpsMgrConnection, I'm returned to the cursor without any message. When I give Remove-SCOpsMgrConnection, i get a message saying  Operations manager connection is not configured.

New-SCOpsMgrConnection -EnablePRO $false -EnableMaintenanceModeIntegration $false -OpsMgrServer
    "sideswipe.domain.com" -RunAsynchronously -VMMServerCredential $vmmCredential -UseVMMServerServiceAccount

Name                    : sideswipe.domain.com
    PROEnabled              : False
    Enabled                 : True
    MaintenanceModeEnabled  : False
    OpsMgrServerName        : sideswipe.domain.com
    OpsMgrUserName          :
    VMMUserName             : domain\administrator
    ManagementGroupName     : Sideswipe
    ConnectionErrorMessages : {}
    ConnectionStatus        : OK
    ManagementPacks         : {}
    ServerConnection        : Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Remoting.ServerConnection
    ID                      : eeb4e9ee-4d03-4768-8869-cb329aa8e229
    IsViewOnly              : False
    ObjectType              : OpsMgrConnection
    MarkedForDeletion       : False
    IsFullyCached           : True

• Edited by ardnivar Friday, September 23, 2016 1:53 AM
    Monday, September 12, 2016 9:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

Have you installed SQL MP ( which cover the version of VMM SQL server ) in SCOM ?

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:55 AM
  • Hey Elton! 

Thank you for your response. After your response, I saw that the SQL MPs were not installed. So I went ahead and imported them. Tried establishing the connection and then again got the same error. 

Next, I attempted the below combinations:

SCVMM SCOM Result
    2016 RTM 2016 RTM Failure. First attempt, error 11823. all subsequent attempts 25932
    2016 RTM 2012 R2 UR7 Failure. First attempt, error 11823. all subsequent attempts 25932
    2012 R2 UR7 2016 RTM Failure. First attempt, error 11823. all subsequent attempts 25932
    2012 R2 UR7 2012 R2 UR7 Failure. First attempt, error 11823. all subsequent attempts 25932

This last part of 2012 R2 integration was working perfectly before i began this exercise with 2016. Now, looks like something's messed up between them too!

The error messages are below :

Error (11823)
    One or more of the Virtual Machine Manager objects monitored by Operations Manager could not be discovered. This might be caused by a missing or outdated version of the System Center Virtual Machine Manager management pack in Operations Manager.

Recommended Action
    Import the correct version (4.0.1660.0) of the management pack into Operations Manager. The management pack is most likely located in the ManagementPacks subfolder in the Virtual Machine Manager installation folder.

Error (25932)
    Connection to Operations manager failed with exception "Exception of type 'Microsoft.VirtualManager.EnterpriseManagement.Common.ManagementPackExceptionOM10' was thrown."

Recommended Action
    Fix the problem, then try operation again.

Thanks

Ravi

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:57 AM
  • Hi Sir,

>>This last part of 2012 R2 integration was working perfectly before i began this exercise with 2016

Based on my understanding , we may use same version for integration .

>>Import the correct version (4.0.1660.0) of the management pack into Operations Manager

According to the error , you may import the MP of SCVMM into SCOM .

Please check if there is a folder under SCVMM installation path .

In my SCVMM lab server the path is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Virtual Machine Manager\ManagementPacks" .

Also , I'd suggest you refer to this article regarding SCOM SCVMM integration requirements :

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/kevinholman/2012/08/21/integrating-vmm-2012-and-opsmgr-2012/

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh882396(v=sc.12).aspx

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:10 AM
  • Hello Elton,

Thank you for your response!

I have checked the two links. I have ensured that all the steps are followed exactly as mentioned.

All the required MPs are imported.

The Agent Proxy is enabled for the SCOM agent deployed on SCVMM server.

I'm back at the error 25932.

Thanks
    Ravi

Friday, September 16, 2016 4:15 AM
  • Hi ardnivar,

I had the same error 25932. I looked into "Operations Manager" event log and found events 26319 with names of management packs that are "already installed". So I removed those management packs and started SCOM-VMM integration. Connection to SCOM was added and management packs that I had uninstalled were installed back. However, error 11823 appears on job "Update Operations Manager connection". "Test PRO" function also fails with error 25921.

Next, I disabled PRO in Connection settings and refreshed connection. Errors disappered and connection is OK. The problem is that I do need PRO.

Has anybody managed to establish SCOM-VMM connection with PRO enabled? I'm talking about SCOM 2016 RTM.

• Edited by FujiBar Wednesday, October 5, 2016 1:33 PM version info added
    • Proposed as answer by Elton_JiModerator Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:34 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Elton_JiModerator Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 1:29 PM
  • Hi FujiBar,

It looks to be a bug with integration. I will update this post once I have a solution. In fact, after establishing connection with PRO disabled, if you try to refresh the connection, SCVMM loses the connection details completely.

Thanks
    Ravi.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 3:23 AM
  • Hello.

Today I'm had same error. 

I deleted all SCVMM management packs from SCOM 2016 console and tried run command on VMM server again:

$vmmCredential = Get-Credential

New-SCOpsMgrConnection -EnablePRO $false -EnableMaintenanceModeIntegration $false -OpsMgrServer "OM01" -RunAsynchronously -VMMServerCredential $vmmCredential -UseVMMServerServiceAccount -Verbose

VMM has installed management packs by himself and task ended successfully! 

Then you should check RunAs account for VMM profiles (Administration/Run As Configuration/Profiles).

In this moment I have problem with PRO...

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 12:52 PM

• I installed Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager and the problem was solved.
    • Proposed as answer by RavindraRao Monday, October 31, 2016 2:30 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:20 PM
  • PRO works perfectly well?
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 3:00 PM
  • PRO works perfectly well?

"Test PRO" action ends successfully.

This is what I did:

1. Install UR1 for SCOM and SCVMM
    2. Disconnect SCOM and SCVMM by unchecking "Enable the connection to Operations Manager" option
    3. Open PowerShell console from VMM console and run command "Remove-SCOpsMgrConnection"
    4. Ensure that no connection exists by running command "Get-SCOpsMgrConnection"
    5. Connect SCOM and SCVMM with PRO enabled.

Above command sequence went smoothly on my system. I didn't need to uninstall any managemnet packs from SCOM.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 6:40 AM
  • Hi

As mentioned in the above posts, PRO integration succeeds and TEST-PRO works as well.

But, when there is an alert in SCOM and a PROTip sent to SCVMM, live-migration does not happen. in fact, the only thing that works is to set the VM Host as not available for placement. 

I'm testing this further but can't find any documents online to troubleshoot action scripts or how PROtips work. Any reference to documents would be of great help!

Thank you.

Monday, October 31, 2016 2:30 PM