none
how to identify and control single login with mutiple connection? RRS feed

• Question

• My current project has some issues with single login and mutiple connection, for example one of my  client login in my product and it opens 12 more connections. so how to identify what are all the components opened the connection and how do i control it?

is it affect perfomance? 

Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:21 PM

Answers

• Mahen,

use master
    go
    select * from sysprocesses where login name = 'Login_name'

Please fill with your login name and execute the query and post ther results.

Thanks, Satish Kumar. Please mark as this post as answered if my anser helps you to resolves your issue :)

Friday, February 15, 2013 1:02 PM

All replies

• single -- multiple connections, once the task completed, the application should close the connection

You mean:

single -- multiple connections on SAME SPID or Different SPID

SAME SPID --> no performace issue, the task is running with mutili threading concept

Different spid --> once the task completed, the application should close each and every connection,.. So you can not the see the connection on SQL Server.

Thanks,

Thanks, Satish Kumar. Please mark as this post as answered if my anser helps you to resolves your issue :)

Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:42 PM
  • one login is opening 12 connections, for examble my project has 20 components which is trying to access sql server. i am unable to find out which component open a sql connection.

Select cntr_value  from master..sysperfinfo where object_name='SQLServer:General Statics' and Counter_name='User Connections '

when i run the above query it is giving the connection count, i take the count before opened my application and i take the count after the execution of the application

Friday, February 15, 2013 11:04 AM
  • Mahen,

use master
    go
    select * from sysprocesses where login name = 'Login_name'

Please fill with your login name and execute the query and post ther results.

Friday, February 15, 2013 1:02 PM