Convert DBX to MBOX RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to Migrate From Outlook Express to Thunderbird Email application. This is because I have updated my Windows From XP to Windows 10. So I need an solution to effectively migrate from Outlook Express to Thunderbird with complete folder items. 

Thanks & Regards

Christ Harold

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 2:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Christ,

Welcome to the Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Outlook forum. This forum is for questions and feedback related to Microsoft Outlook. Since your question is related to Outlook Express, you can post your question to the following forum to get further assistance:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-ecoms

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, September 22, 2017 9:46 AM
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:08 AM
  • The manual solution to import dbx files into MBOX is available. But it requires the installation of multiple email clients on your new machine.

1.  Download & Installs the Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client on the new machine
    2. Configure the Mozilla Thunderbird with the dummy profile
    3. In the menu bar click on the Tool and then in tools you need to click on Import
    4. Then in import select mail option
    5. Select Outlook Express and browse the folder containing DBX files from the local storage
    6. Click Next to proceeds with the migration process of Outlook Express DBX files to MBOX format
    7. Congratulations you have successfully import Outlook Express DBX file into MBOX.

Automated solution is far better than manual solution. With automated solution you will get freedom to move all Outlook Express dbx files to MBOX. Automated solution facilitates to convert Outlook Express DBX files to MBOX in quick time.

Natalie Chopra Data Analyst

Monday, November 27, 2017 5:03 AM