none
Saved MSPROJECT .cub file and excel pivot table not playing nice. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using MSPROJECT 2010 Professional and Excel 2010.  

I am saving a cube file from within visual reports.  I then created an excel pivot table that I have connected to the .cub file.  The excel pivot table will only allow me to refresh data when MSPROJECT is still open after creating the OLAP cube.  I get an error message when I refresh data from Excel and MSPROJECT has been closed.  The error generated by excel is:

"Data could not be retrieved from the external data source."

"Error message returned by the external data source:  OLE DB error:  OLE DB or ODBC error: 'C:\Users\.......\AppData/Local\Temp\Visual Reports Temporary Data\{424bef93-6163-4037-b8ee-51d28b918964}.mdb' is not a valid path.  Make sure that the path name is spelled correclty and that you are connected to the serve on which the file resides.: 3044."

It is strange the external data source is reporting the error to excel.  Is there something I have to check within MSPROJECT or select within Excel such that excel only looks at the saved cube data and does not require msproject to be open?  I thought that was the purpose of saving to a cube file?<o:p></o:p>

Any help appreciated.<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:48 PM