none
Cumulative update error 80070002 RRS feed

• Question

• Iv been trying for hours to repair an issue with Windows update on a Server 2012 R2 machine and hoping somebody can help

There is only 1 update pending on the machine and its the cumulative update KB4520005

This server has failed to install all cumulative updates since around april / may but I have only just noticed

When attempting to install the update via windows update, or by downlaoding the file manually and running it it always fails with error 80070002. I have tried all of the following with no joy:

• SFC / Scannow
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • rebuilding windows update components
    • renaming software distribution folders
    • running the windows updater troubleshooter

I speculate that somebody in the past has stupidly deleted some packages to clear space on this server.

I have uploaded my CBS log file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1--kkylzbU8prYpVgui3wXVC_Udr-Y0j8

• Edited by GarethRobson200 Thursday, October 10, 2019 2:21 PM Added CBS log
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 2:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can follow the steps given in this article to get rid of this.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fixed-error-code-0x80070002-windows-update/

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Check the Date and Time settings may be helpful.

If it doesn't work. I think the last thing we can do is to restore or run in-place upgrade.

Please understand that from our professional level, we do not provide dump/log analysis.

Hope above information can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 11, 2019 7:00 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 7:04 AM