App-V 4.6 SP1/SCCM Additional Shortcut Parameters RRS feed

• Question

• Using App-V 4.6 SP1 for sequencing/client & SCCM R3 SP2 for deployement.   I have an application that needs to have some parameters passed when executed.  The OSD > SOFTPKG > IMPLEMENTATION > CODEBASE > PARAMETERS shows the parameters that I need to have passed.  Looksing at the shortcut that is created it only shows C:\WINDOWS\system32\CCM\VAppLauncher.exe /launch "Contact Center Express Desktop 4.1.0.7" and no parameters.  It should read C:\WINDOWS\system32\CCM\VAppLauncher.exe /launch "Contact Center Express Desktop 4.1.0.7"  /z Contact Center Express Desktop /s VSPCCE01.central-insurance.com /p 29091 /a U=%%U

I can create a new shortcut from the "Application Virtualization Client" in the Administrative Tools and give it the Command Line Parameters and the shortcut creates with the necessary parameters and the application opens successfully.

Should the shortcut be creating with the parameters? Is there a way to make it?  

Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:06 PM

Answers

• Thanks to both for your replies.   The "&quot" comment got me thinking about the "%%U" that needs to be passed.   I found out that only one of the "%" characters were actually getting passed.  I found % was the code for a % character from this page http://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm.  Tried passing %% and still only got one % character.  I ended up adding a 3rd "%".  This seems to have fixed my issue.  Here is the parameter field of the OSD.

PARAMETERS="/z Contact Center Express Desktop /s vspcce01.central-insurance.com /p 29091 /a U=%%%U"

Thanks again for your help.

• Proposed as answer by znack Friday, May 27, 2011 3:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:56 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 3:09 PM

All replies

• I don't believe that there is a way to make the shortcut automatically have the additional parameters on it; however you can specify the parameters in the OSD file. See the PARAMETERS="" property.

You can specify parameters in the package via the Sequencer. Otherwise you can use the SFTMIME PUBLISH command to automate the creation of a custom shortcut.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:34 PM
  • If you're clicking properties of the icon to see the shortcut it is not going to show the parameters its run with it will only show the app name you gave it. This does not mean it wont run the parameters you specify in the OSD. Parameters should all be specified in the parameters tag of the OSD. Note that if you put parameters in the filename tag after the executable they will not work. also if you need those quotes make sure you use " instead of quotes within the parameter tag quotes.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:53 PM
  • Thanks to both for your replies.   The "&quot" comment got me thinking about the "%%U" that needs to be passed.   I found out that only one of the "%" characters were actually getting passed.  I found % was the code for a % character from this page http://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm.  Tried passing %% and still only got one % character.  I ended up adding a 3rd "%".  This seems to have fixed my issue.  Here is the parameter field of the OSD.

PARAMETERS="/z Contact Center Express Desktop /s vspcce01.central-insurance.com /p 29091 /a U=%%%U"

Thanks again for your help.

• Proposed as answer by znack Friday, May 27, 2011 3:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:56 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 3:09 PM