none
MDT Offline USB Imaging RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having trouble with my USB deployment offline. I've made them in the past but this one is not working right...

I made a VM (Hyper-V). I wrote a Capture in MDT and now have a WIM. I then made a Deploy, added the WIM, drivers, one app to be installed from the desktop and I have a few commands to run from the desktop. I then created a MEDIA file after I updated the Deploy...and set up the Customsettings file and the Bootstrap. I then updated the MEDIA file (to include Everything) and copied all the files/folders to my NTFS formatted USB.

I can boot up the pc to the USB, it boots to MDT (offline) and installs the drivers and OS. Then after the unattend is processed, it reboot and goes to the desktop. That's it. It doesn't talk back to the USB and just sits there. All drivers are resolved...and the USB is not removed. If I reboot the pc myself, it logs back on without a password since I left the default 999 for auto-logon. I don't get a Summary page because the process is not talking back to the USB once at the desktop.
    I made sure not to reference the MDT server in the bootstrap.

I can't think of anything else I'm not doing....since I've made these before. Any ideas?

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:37 PM