Sharepoint Alerts sending wrong information in emails RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Document Library named Project Files where details of all our projects are uploaded. As many users refer to the files on this library, they have alerts for new documents added when changes made to existing ones.

Recently, in some of the alerts, users are getting wrong information.

When I can check the version history of these items and I find that there haven't been any changes, so the doubt that the details existed earlier and then were changed is also eliminated.

These alerts are not even workflow based, so I doubt this is due to some manual error.

Is it a server side error?

Can someone help me solve this?
    • Edited by neo269 Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:15 PM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I think something is deleting the versions after changes. 

To get more information around this check the ULS logs if you find something there or not.

IN other way enable auditing for Checking out and checking in items so that it will be tracked for all modifications

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 4:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think something is deleting the versions after changes. 

To get more information around this check the ULS logs if you find something there or not.

IN other way enable auditing for Checking out and checking in items so that it will be tracked for all modifications

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 4:24 PM
  • Hi Saumil Mehta,

Did you ever find a solution to your issue? I recently ran into a similar situation and wondering what was your findings.

Thanks for sharing!

BlueSky2010
    Please help and appreciate others by using forum features: "Propose As Answer", "Vote As Helpful" and "Mark As Answer"

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:11 PM