Mandatory Roaming Profiles on R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been trying to create V2 mandatory roaming user profiles for our RDS.  We support a K-12 school district and currently we have ONE student mandatory profile and one for the teachers.  I read many posts about the COPY TO option being greyed out in Server 2008 R2, so here is what I did so far:

- In AD, I created a test user called TS2USER, gave the account domain users security and did not give it a profile path
    - Logged on to the RDS as TS2USER, made some changes to the desktop, logged off as TS2USER.  This created a profile on C:\Users
    - I changed the profile path in AD to \\SRVR1\profiles$\TS2USER
    - Logged on as TS2USER, made some more simple changes to the desktop, logged off and the profile changes were copied to the \\SRVR1\profiles$\TS2USER
    - At this point, I had a good working profile for the user called TS2USER
    - I copied the TS2USER.V2 to HSSTUDENT.V2 and when students log on, they get a message called "The Group Policy Service failed the Logon"

What I did so far:
    - Checked the Share Security on PROFILES$ (set to FULL for EVERYONE)
    - Checked the NTFS Security on PROFILES$ (Set to FULL for EVERYONE and Authenicated Users)
    - Using REGEDIT, Opened the NTUSER.MAN file to check Permissions (Had to change this to FULL for EVERYONE and Authenicated Users)
    - Using REGEDIT on the Sever 2008 R2 server, I looked at the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Currentversion\ProfileList and found a long SID number for the HSSTUDENT Accout and it listed in the CentralProfile key that points back to TS2USER.V2 

What is the best way to create a standardized mandatory roaming profile for users to logon to the RDS server?  I need one profile that all users will use, just as I was doing in Windows XP.

thanks!
    Friday, February 5, 2010 7:08 PM