none
Project calendars vs Resource calendars RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone help me? I'm struggling to get the calculations working on Project 2010...

I have 2 Enterprise calendars set up Standard and Extended. The standard has Work Weeks set to 09:00 to 16:30 and the Extended has 08:00 to 18:00.

When I set the Project>File>Options>Schedule to match the standard (Default Start and End time and Hours per day), the Extended calendar does not automatically schedule 10hours work (even though it presents it as working time in the task Usage view.

If I switch the Default Start and End time and Hours per day to match the Extended Calendar, the same 1day@ task estimates 12.5h of work??

I must be missing something or the Resource Calendars don't work as I am expecting... 

Monday, March 2, 2015 4:17 PM

All replies

• I would check the Project calendar first --> Click on Project tab in project professional the menu and click on "Project Information", check the calendar.

Otherwise, open the task, click on Advanced, check the calendar attached to that task.

Later, go to resource sheet, open the resource, click on change working time to check the resource calendar.

Ensure you have appropriate calendar using "change working time" in Project tab to identify the calculation.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Monday, March 2, 2015 7:11 PM