hardware profiles RRS feed

• Question

• is there a way to prepare hardware profile in vista - just as it was possible in xp, to disable some of the devices? it seems that profiles are for services only, and there is no possibility to prepare my own profiles - just automaticly created by system.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:43 AM

All replies

• I posted the same question right after the release version rolled out. One of the forum mods here advised that that particular piece of useful functionality has been removed from Vista. He suggested that I contact MS and suggest they re-enable it in some future service pack! Fat chance. I'd at least like to hear a semi-official explanation as to why that feature has been omitted. Sadly, I see very little authoritative response from MS personnel in these forums. What few responses I do see are very little if any help regarding the question/issue at hand. Fortunately I'm not having any major issues but there are a great many users who are. Sad.
    Saturday, May 12, 2007 12:17 AM
  • yeah.. not easy to pass through the wall of corporation q: i'll try to get some answer by back door source
    Monday, May 14, 2007 7:34 AM