POP3 email in Office 2019 on a Mac RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone tell me how to do Pop3 setup?  Every time I try to create a POP3 account it auto creates and IMAP.  I see no way to input manual settings.  
    • Moved by Perry-Pan Friday, June 21, 2019 11:25 AM
    Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:36 AM

All replies

•      

Hi,

When you are going to set a POP3 account on Outlook client, normally, we can select “Choose the Provider” to select account types.  For some domains, Outlook for Mac will automatically help you select a better protocol.

Considering your requirement, it is suggested to type a non-existent mailbox first and then click Next. Outlook for Mac doesn’t recognize the domain and will show the option “choose a Provider”’. Then type your correct email account in the step 4.

1. In Outlook client, click Tools > Account > New Account.
    2. Type your email account then click Continue. Click choose the provider.

3. In the opened window, select IMAP/POP.

4. Then you are able to set POP account here.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 21, 2019 3:23 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

Please try my suggestions and let me know the results.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 24, 2019 8:32 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:43 AM