none
List of delayed tasks in MS Project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts !!

Is there a way out to find all the delayed tasks in a project.

Also, a list of task either running/continuing or starting in between two dates.

TKP86

Sunday, December 29, 2013 6:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

"Late" implies a comparison between two dates. One is the finish date of the task; do you mean current date is the other one?

In other words, are you looking for tasks with a planned finish date before today, but not yet finished?

That implies you will not really track your project, meaning that when a task's plan changes, that will impact the planning of other tasks so your planned finish date could be moving al the time.. I have the impression that in your mind, the original plan will always be "the plan". And the utility of a baselin is that it is an immovable copy of that original plan - such that you can enter actual start/finish dates when reality strikes..

By all means, you could set a formula in a flag field to show the definition of Late as I guess you have in mind:

iif([% Complete]<100;IIf((projdatediff([Finish];Now())>0);No;Yes);No)

Greetings,

Monday, December 30, 2013 8:14 PM

All replies

• Delayed as compare to what?  The baseline finish?  If you wish to see tasks that are later than their baseline finish, look at the Finish Variance column.

The Date Range filter will show you a list of tasks that being in a specific date range.

I have also moved your question to the Project Pro and Standard forum out of the Project Online forum.
    Sunday, December 29, 2013 6:59 PM
  • Hi Julie

I am really thankful to you for answering almost every query of mine. And all typical question I hope they were.

Actually in my project sheet, I haven't set till now the baseline. I am unaware of its utility as of now. I just want to track the delayed tasks with respect to Finish date of the task. 

TKP86

Monday, December 30, 2013 7:47 PM
  • Hi,

"Late" implies a comparison between two dates. One is the finish date of the task; do you mean current date is the other one?

In other words, are you looking for tasks with a planned finish date before today, but not yet finished?

That implies you will not really track your project, meaning that when a task's plan changes, that will impact the planning of other tasks so your planned finish date could be moving al the time.. I have the impression that in your mind, the original plan will always be "the plan". And the utility of a baselin is that it is an immovable copy of that original plan - such that you can enter actual start/finish dates when reality strikes..

By all means, you could set a formula in a flag field to show the definition of Late as I guess you have in mind:

iif([% Complete]<100;IIf((projdatediff([Finish];Now())>0);No;Yes);No)

Greetings,

Monday, December 30, 2013 8:14 PM
  • Thanks Messemaekar for the wonderful explanation.

Actually my project plan is not "the plan". As of now, I was just searching for option to find the difference between finish date and current date/now. You made me aware of the importance of baseline, so i would now be putting baseline in my project plan as well. Then, hopefully i have to go with Finish Variance column about which Julie has mentioned.

TKP86

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 7:26 PM