Problem connecting devices to USB Ports RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Compaq EVO D51S with a Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz, running XP professional and all updates have been installed....

There are four USB ports connected to the motherboard... I have an optical mouse connected via USB and working fine, I also have a printer and a scanner which work fine through the USB ports as well.

However, when I try to connect any device such as an MP3 Player, Camera, flash drive and now a USB hub the computer reboots instantly and continues to restart until I unplug the device.

Device manager indicates that all devices and ports are working normally.  I purchased a PCI USB hub thinking that it might solve my problem, but it does the same thing.

Can anyone help me?

Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:10 AM

Answers

• Thank you... I had already recognized my error and reposted the message in the XP forum

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is Windows Vista forum and we are focus on Windows Vista questions and issues. I suggest you post the issue on Windows XP Service Pack 3 forum.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 forum:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=2010&SiteID=17

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is so you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Monday, November 17, 2008 7:05 AM
  • Thank you... I had already recognized my error and reposted the message in the XP forum

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:02 AM