Issue with the SCOM agent installation for the domain controllers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an issue with the SCOM agent installation for one of the Domain controllers. The domain controller is present in XYZ domain and the SCOM server is present in the ABC domain and these domains have a trust between them. When i install the agent from the SCOM server, the device was detected successfully and the installation successfully completed. But I see that the device is in pending installation state in SCOM.

I have checked the event logs on the dcs and found that the event ID below.

Event ID:21001

The OpsMgr connector could not connect to MSCOMHSvc/pqr.abc.local because mutual autentication failed. Verufy the SPN is properly registered on the server and that, if the server is in a seperate domain, there is a full-tryst relationship between the two domains.

Please advise.

Regards,

Subhash.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Subhash,

Check here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/smsandmom/archive/2008/03/13/opsmgr-2007-agents-stuck-in-pending-management-with-event-id-21016.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, November 28, 2011 9:26 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:21 AM