App-v trying to open non Virtual program RRS feed

• Question

• I've got one machine that has the App-V client on it with absolutely no virtualized apps running on it yet. However, whenever the user attempts to open Office 2010 products, the agent tries to launch them from the Q:

For some reason it will open Outlook fine, complicating the scenario even more.

I've no idea where the client got these instructions or why, anyone know what might have caused this or how to fix it?

-Matt from Vegas

Thursday, March 8, 2012 7:34 PM

All replies

• Does the same thing occur for any user account logged onto the machine? If it's the one user only, then it could be file type associations roamed in HKCU\Software\Classes

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, March 8, 2012 9:03 PM
  • I will check that out. Of course it's our CIO, so no one else uses the machine. I barely get to get on it to fix it.

Thank You.

-Matt from Vegas

Thursday, March 8, 2012 9:05 PM