Load balanced SMPortal envrionment not working after upgrade to SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a 4 server SMPortal environment.  There are 2 web parts servers which sit behind a hardware load balancer along with 2 web content servers which also sit behind a hardware load balancer.

These server were originally installed with Service Manager 2012 and working as expected.  The web part we're only installed on the first (primary) server in the SP farm as SharePoint provisions them out to the other servers in the farm (see 6 of 8 Bare metal to private cloud series by Travis Wright).

When upgrading to SP1, I ran the upgrade on the web content servers followed by the primary web parts SP server.  After the upgrade, I've found that when accessing the 2nd server in the SP farm, I'm prompted for credentials to log-in but their not accpeted.  I have issues with access the 2nd server in the farm when accessing it from any machine (so IE config doesn't appear to be an issue). 

After further reserch I noticed that the data access service is not showing on the second server in the farm.  Is that normal?  Does the SP1 upgrade need to somehow be run on the second web parts SP server?

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:34 PM

Answers

• This issue was resolved by re-installing the SM web parts.
    • Marked as answer by James Mastro Monday, February 25, 2013 6:42 PM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 6:42 PM