Can´t change my Account to Microsoft Account RRS feed

• Question

• Everytime I try to change my Account from local to MS I get the error:

the password you signed in with is different from your password for your microsoft account

I already reseted the password and created a new Account, but nothing helped.

Thanks,

Monday, April 13, 2015 10:05 AM

Answers

• Could you by any chance try switching your account over a different network connection (preferably one that isn't a corporate network that goes over a proxy). This isn't an ideal workaround obviously but I've read numerous reports recently of people having similar issues to yourself that they were able to resolve by disabling proxy. In your case, disabling proxy appears to disconnect you from the internet entirely. Just a thought, though, try switching over another network and, once switched, try again from your normal network connection.
    • Marked as answer by Bunais Wednesday, April 22, 2015 11:12 AM
    Monday, April 13, 2015 11:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Bunais,

Thank you for posting this issue on the TechNet community forums.

From the description I understand that you're having problems switching your local account to a Microsoft account and are receiving the error message: "The password you signed in with is different from your password for your Microsoft account". Is this correct?

Here's an article that may help you:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_security/unable-to-switch-to-microsoft-account/dac8339f-febf-4ecf-9902-bef5865c8bf5

Monday, April 13, 2015 10:51 AM
  • Thanks, but this didn´t resolved my problem.

If I do this Step:

a. Press Windows key + W.

b. Type Activation and press Enter.

It send me to Customer Support and tells me I should log in with my MS Account, but same error message.

If I disable my proxy, it tells me that Microsoft Service is unreachable.

Monday, April 13, 2015 11:21 AM
  • Hi Bunais,

Could you please try running the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Monday, April 13, 2015 11:30 AM
  • Sorry, forgot to mention it. After I ran it, it just says:

Micorsoft Acount required.

You need a Microsoftaccount to sync your settings.

Monday, April 13, 2015 11:36 AM
  • Could you by any chance try switching your account over a different network connection (preferably one that isn't a corporate network that goes over a proxy). This isn't an ideal workaround obviously but I've read numerous reports recently of people having similar issues to yourself that they were able to resolve by disabling proxy. In your case, disabling proxy appears to disconnect you from the internet entirely. Just a thought, though, try switching over another network and, once switched, try again from your normal network connection.
    Monday, April 13, 2015 11:43 AM
  • Yes, we have a seperate Network, with no Proxy in Use, I can try to Set up my MS Account over this one.
    Monday, April 13, 2015 12:01 PM
  • Ok, let us know if this resolved your problem. It's not the ideal workaround and it's certainly not a resolution but if it works, at least it's something positive and you can then move on from there.
    • Unmarked as answer by Bunais Wednesday, April 22, 2015 11:12 AM
    Monday, April 13, 2015 12:25 PM
  • Same issue here with build 10130...
    Monday, June 1, 2015 4:41 PM