"To export a list you must have a windows SharePoint services-compatible application" RRS feed

• Question

• The small company I work for is used SharePoint Services 3.0 to create a site and we have stored contact information on it. I need to export this into an excel but it give me the error code "To export a list you must have a windows SharePoint services-compatible application".

I am new to using this so I asked around the office... whoever built the site is no longer with us, and nobody know how to fix it. Apparently we used to be able to export but starting several months ago we cannot.

Are there any simple checks I can do to see if I can "fix" this feature? What exactly is a SharePoint services-compatible application? I would have thought excel or access was enough, of which we all have. I saw in a thread somewhere that installing Office 2010 Service Pack 2 is a possible solution... is there anything else?

Thanks!

Friday, November 6, 2015 6:25 PM

All replies

• Oh yes, this is a common problem as we get mixed MS Office environments, some Office 2010, some Office 2013, some 32-bit, some 64-bit, etc. In my experience this is fixed most of the time by installing the Access Database Engine 2007. It doesn't matter if you have Office 2010, that one hasn't worked in my experience and it doesn't matter if you have 64-bit that one also hasn't worked in my experience. Install the Access Database Engine 2007 32-bit. If you have 64-bit office you will still be able to install it but you may need to install it later if you want to add new office components, then you will have to install it again.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23734

1. Make sure you are using Internet Explorer.

2. Make sure you have the SharePoint plug-ins enabled in your browser. There are 3 or 4 and you need to have them enabled.

3. Install Access Database Enginer 2007.

As long as you are using IE, have the browser plug-ins enabled, and have the Access Database Engine 2007 installed you should be good to go.

Lance

• Edited by Duper508 Tuesday, November 10, 2015 10:45 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 10:44 PM