none
After Exchange 2007 log corruption, Outlook Clients cannot delete some messages & are having issues with mail read on phones not updating the Outlook Folders RRS feed

• Question

• After a Power Issue on our server, the Exchange Logs were corrupted.  I ran though the ESEUTIL repair & then copied all log files out and mounted.  Once back up and operational, the users could not Delete/Move some emails in the folders.  States the message is no longer available, her been deleted/moved, or security will not allow access.  We were running NOT in Cache Mode but have had to turn it on to get the users to work temporarily.  Now the users can work on the PC but not form the phone (can't delete or move messages).

It seems the PC and Phone are not synching with Exchange (is that even possible?)  We are on Server 2008 R2, Exchange 2007 SP3.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be the issue?  Please let me know if I need to provide more information....

We are desperate to get this fixed.......Thanks !

Friday, May 31, 2013 3:21 PM

All replies

• After our Exchange Server had unexpected power failure, the LOGS became corrupted.  After running ESEUTIL.EXE to repair & moving the log files to another location, we were able to Mount the Mail store.  Once back online, the Users were not able to delete/move items in Outlook.  Also they began to have issues with moving or deleting mail on phones.

We placed a user in Cache Mode to allow her the access and rights to move mail around in her Outlook Client.  However, she is still not able to delete/move items on her phone.  It appears as the Outlook Client & Phone are not synching back with the Exchange Server even though the mail is flowing to both units successfully.

We are on Exchange 2007 SP3 on a Server 2008 R2. 

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.  We are needing to get this addressed ASAP since it is becoming a larger issue each day.

If more information is required of me to assist in informing everyone, please let me know.

Thanks !!

Friday, May 31, 2013 4:59 PM
  • Hi ,

Did you test in owa or create a new profile to sync with exchange?

Please check exchange health use exchange BPA.

How to use Eseutil to test transaction log files for damage in Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248122

Wendy Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 3, 2013 12:55 PM
  • Hi,

How to repair the log ? Why move the log file to another location ? What's it prompts when you delete the message ?

Corrupt Log File - Eseutil or what is the best way to fix this?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvradminlegacy/thread/94a2127e-5b92-4905-9395-00d3a56f38c2

Wendy Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 3, 2013 1:01 PM