none
Apply different GPO based on an logged on PC

Question

• Hello dear forum gurus

I need a help regarding GPO. So lets imagine I have a user Joe.Smith, that must logon both Thin Client (RDS Farm) and a PC. I have a GPO, named (lets imagine) ThinClientGPO for Thin Client users and a GPO for PC users named PC_UsersGPO.

So how to apply GPOs based on what he is logging on. I mean I'd to ThinClietn GPO to be applied when user logs on Terminal Server and another one when he logs on to a PCs.

Both GPO have User Configuration settings.. soI cannot Figure out hot to deploy User Configuration nSettings based on a logged on Computer

Vusal M. Dadashzadeh

Monday, April 18, 2016 6:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can use loopback processing to let machine policy settings override user policy settings. Create a one GPO containing user policies for terminal servers and link it to OU containing terminal servers. Create another GPO containing user policies for PCs and other servers and link it to OU containing user accounts. Enable loopback processing in terminal server GPO: with loopback enabled, user policies from terminal server GPO will override policies from the GPO linked to user's account. See this article for a simple explanation of loopback processing in GPO.

Gleb.

Monday, April 18, 2016 7:23 AM
  • Hi Vusal M. Dadashzadeh,

In addition, you could refer to the article below for more details about loopback processing

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askds/2013/02/08/circle-back-to-loopback/

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 18, 2016 8:25 AM
  • helpedme... me a lot. Thank you very much!

Vusal M. Dadashzadeh

Sunday, April 24, 2016 9:31 PM