Users are not able to share contents during Skype call RRS feed

• Question

• We are having issue on our Skype for Business server that users are not able to share the contents during Skype call for e.g. white board, presentation, poll etc. The error message appear that "We can't connect to the server for presenting now". No error message appear in event logs and not update found that might stopping users for sharing contents.

Kindly suggest any suitable solution.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 6:52 AM

Answers

• I issue has been resolved after verifying the remote connectivity with online test analyzer https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ and found that 443 port was blocked. After enabling the port user connectivity and whiteboard, Q&A everything working fine.

Thanks everyone for your kind support.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:03 AM

All replies

• Those features require office web app server. Does issue happen to both internal and external user?

Please have a look at my guide on how to deploy SFB with Edge and Office Web app: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Installing-Skype-for-78703118?redir=0

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 7:00 AM
  • The issue raised two days back and before that everything was working fine. No issue with desktop sharing or white board or poll features and now even users are not able to connect from their desktop client if someone send meeting invite from outside organization.

Kindly suggest any resolution.

Thursday, May 24, 2018 5:12 AM
  • Most important now is to troubleshoot the issue on internal and external network and if problem is for everyone or just a few. You also need to describe your environment a bit better. You can open Topology builder to get an overview of your environment.

Then do troubleshooting with client connected to internal network and another troubleshooting for external network.

This poster will help you as well:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46448

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Thursday, May 24, 2018 5:22 AM
  • Hi ,

please confirm the following questions.

1. If you set your account in another computer, does the issue persist?

2. Do other users in your organization have the same problem?

Please update your Office to the last version.

You could try to use skype for business basic

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49440

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 24, 2018 6:28 AM
  • The issue persist with all users in organization and yes all users are using Skype for business desktop app.

Only user can use or connect with web app not desktop.

Kindly advise what steps should be taken on users desktop app that not connecting even the external domain user send meeting invite to join on desktop app.

• Edited by Lucky-Hamu Thursday, May 24, 2018 6:55 AM
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 6:42 AM
  • Hi,

Office Web App server is required for PPT rendering.

It isn't required for white boards or polls, so I don't think that is where your issue will be.

Have there been any Windows Updates in the last couple of weeks?

Thanks,
    Steve

Thursday, May 24, 2018 6:54 AM
  • I mean Windows Updates on the Skype for Business FE server(s)?
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 6:56 AM
  • No Windows Updates installed on any server.
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 7:00 AM
  • Please can you check if KB3142036 is installed on the FE server(s)?  If it is it needs to be removed.
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 7:08 AM
  • The edge server UC SAN certificate was expired few days back and then renew with new certificate. It might be the case that remote users are not able to sign in on SFB server and the same local users are not able to share the presentation, whiteboard and Q&A.

Can some one guide how to again install the certificate on Edge server or troubleshoot the issue.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 6:58 AM
  • Hi Lucky-Hamu,

Please open the SFB deployment wizard,check the status of internal and external certificate like the following screenshot(all the green).

You could download the PDF file,open the page 63

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Installing-Skype-for-78703118

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 10:19 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates? If the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, June 7, 2018 9:53 AM
  • I issue has been resolved after verifying the remote connectivity with online test analyzer https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ and found that 443 port was blocked. After enabling the port user connectivity and whiteboard, Q&A everything working fine.

Thanks everyone for your kind support.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:03 AM
  • Ok ,thanks for your sharing ,please mark your reply as answer ,it will help others who have similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:13 AM