Increasing speaker volume of laptop RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there anyway that I can increase the volume level of the speakers. The Volume, Balance and system sounds are all at 100 %. Is there a way to increase the volume further? The enhancements don't help so I have disabled them.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium. Laptop is Acer 5250.

Thank you.

melita

Saturday, April 28, 2012 6:13 PM

Answers

• Low Volume:

There are many different places to adjust the sound. Are all of these turned up?

1. On the speakers, or if you have a laptop there might be a sound adjustment nob somewhere.  
    2. On the program you are using to play music/video.  
    3. Next to the clock on the bottom right of the screen there is usually a sound icon you can click.  
    4. In the Control Panel under the Sound section. Start -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Adjust System Volume.

Sunday, April 29, 2012 12:03 AM
  • If all the volume settings are turned up and it's still not loud enough, you could buy external speakers. Using external speakers will allow you to increase the volume more.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 3:46 PM

All replies

• Low Volume:

There are many different places to adjust the sound. Are all of these turned up?

1. On the speakers, or if you have a laptop there might be a sound adjustment nob somewhere.  
    2. On the program you are using to play music/video.  
    3. Next to the clock on the bottom right of the screen there is usually a sound icon you can click.  
    4. In the Control Panel under the Sound section. Start -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Adjust System Volume.

Sunday, April 29, 2012 12:03 AM
  • Hi,

You can try TrekDozer’s steps to change the volume. In addition, I would like to know whether you are using an external speaker. If so, you can also try to get the latest drivers to test the issue.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 30, 2012 8:28 AM
  • Hello,

I am not using a an external speaker. As I mentioned, everything is already at 100%. There is no sound adjustment knob in my laptop. No more increase can be made with the other three methods above. Is there any other method you can think of, to get a little more volume?

Regards.

melita

Monday, April 30, 2012 9:36 PM
  • If all the volume settings are turned up and it's still not loud enough, you could buy external speakers. Using external speakers will allow you to increase the volume more.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 3:46 PM
  • Thank you very much.

Bets regards.

melita

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 5:03 PM
  • thank you for your suport
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 4:19 AM