none
the volume shadow copy service entered the stopped state 7036

Question

• i have an issue with vss service it's go to stop state every 30 minute approximately when we check the event viewer we find this event ID :7036

this issue cause the backup job of vss was not complete (using dataprotector application )

can anyone help me to resolve this issue ???

note: we use win2012 standard
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:44 AM

All replies

• Hi!

So you are using Data Protection Manager (DPM) ?

The behavior of the event ID 7036 is a normal condition as far as I know, the event ID is generated when a service stops gracefully, i.e. when it is not in use. 

You should be worried if you are receiving event IDs for unexpected service termination with the event ID 7034.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com  LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:49 AM
  • Hi,

May I ask do you use build-in windows server backup feature to do the windows server backup?

If so, is there more information in the event viewer about windows server backup?

Please check if vss service is set to automatically. 

Please run vssadmin list writers command check if anything wrong.

If you use 3rd party backup software, I'm afraid you may also contact related vendor.

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:36 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates for your issue?

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 18, 2018 8:07 AM
  • hi

thank you for your repay

i set the vss service from manual to automatic & start it , then start the backup job ,the backup job complete successfully but after a few days the the job not complete when i check the service state i found it in stop state !!!!

Note : i use HP Dataprotector Software for Backup data on tape disk

Monday, June 25, 2018 5:15 AM
  • I suggest you contact your related backup software vendor, as you are using a 3rd party software they might be able to help you out!

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com  LinkedIn:   

Monday, June 25, 2018 6:55 AM