none
Issue with Surface Pro and Cisco Anyconnect 3.1.01065 RRS feed

• Question

• Using a known good version for Windows 8: anyconnect-win-3.1.01065-pre-deploy-k9

I get a dump after reboot and Windows 8 Pro on Surface Pro has to perform a system recovery.

I downloaded the Windows 8 SDK and did a dumpchk.exe:

BugCheck 7E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88003648a23, fffff880031fb1a8, fffff880031fa9e0}
    This is an unhandled system thread exception. Dumpchk says the reason is the Cisco filter driver:

Probably caused by : acnamfd.sys ( acnamfd+8a23 )

Working with Microsoft Support, and providing this info on my own, after an hour or so I was told that this is due to a limitation of Surface Pro hardware! Installed all of the latest firmware and drivers - again on my own - and no love. I thought that Surface Pro was the bees knees for road warriors!

Is this true? its an extremely common VPN client. Will this ever get addressed? They wouldn't event take a copy of the DMP!

Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:48 AM

Answers

• Resolved with newer version of client.

Details here: http://hacksawduggan.blogspot.com/2013/06/surface-pro-network-access-manager.html

The version that is working without the dreaded ACNAMFD.SYS crash is the following:
    anyconnect-win-3.1.04059-pre-deploy-k9
     To move the settings copy the configuration.XML file from a configured workstation to your Pro.
    C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Network Access Manager\system\configuration.xml

• Edited by HakSaw Thursday, July 4, 2013 5:40 PM version info added
    • Marked as answer by HakSaw Thursday, July 4, 2013 5:41 PM
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 5:31 PM