none
Project Server 2013 Permisions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have project type custom fields. All the development type project need to shown to the some user group with read only permission, how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance, Taj

Saturday, January 16, 2016 6:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for your replay. I will rephrase my question. We have the project types like infrastructure, software development and implementation. All the software development projects need to be visible to the custom group 'Software Group' which I created. i.e. the users who belong to the 'Software Group' need to view all the software development projects with read only permission.

Thanks in advance, Taj

Sunday, January 17, 2016 9:13 AM
  • Hi Taj,

For your question as far as I know, Project Server security groups can not be configured based on field values. You can try to have a work around by playing with department fields and have certain views available for particulardepartments with specific filters.

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Monday, January 18, 2016 6:25 AM
  • Hi Syed,

Thanks for your replay, I think based on the field value, the filter can be set in the project center view. My concern is how to achieve this using categories and groups. 

Thanks in advance, Taj

Monday, January 18, 2016 6:31 AM
  • Directly it is not possible as far as I know.You can apply filter in Views and associate those views to security categories (you may require to have your custom categories).

Have Custom Security GRoup and have the associated security category for that group only. 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Monday, January 18, 2016 6:39 AM