none
Project Pro 2013 error and issue working in PWA Settings RRS feed

• Question

• I and another user receive the following error when in PWA (Project Server 2013) and opening a project for editing in Project Pro: "To perform this action, you need to have Project Professional 2013 installed."

We are each able to open Projects directly through Project Pro 2013.

I read this could be caused by two things: The fact that we have Project 2010 and Project 2013 on our computers, although we haven't had this issue for the first month until today.

I tried IE, version 9 (using F12 developer tools). I tried Chrome and Firefox. Same error across the board.

I repaired Project Pro 2013 and rebooted. Still no luck.

I attempted another option to see if my Project Pro 2013 version matched the instance in PWA. I have Project Pro 2013 15.0.4745.1000 64-bit. However, when I try to access my PWA instance, I experience an issue with Central Admin. When I click General Application Settings, PWA Settings - Manage, I am looped back to the Central Admin home page. I was able to open this before I repaired Project Pro 2013 and the computer rebooted twice.

Thoughts before I try a fresh install of Project Pro 2013? Either way I still need to be able to access PWA Settings - Manage!

Friday, August 21, 2015 9:02 PM

All replies

• Try running the SharePoint Configuration Wizard.  Sometimes, the wizard will reset and re-establish some internal settings.  If the wizard, fails to complete, then this will need to be resolved before fixing your original issue.

Second, De-provision the Project server and then Provision it back into SharePoint.  When De-Provision make sure you screen print the pages, so that you have the exact configuration need for provisioning it back into SharePoint.

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Sunday, August 23, 2015 1:05 PM
  • Thank you for your response. I ended up switching to all 32-bit Office/Project products and that helped with the Project Pro 2013 not opening.

I ended up being able to call directly to the box in my URL (took out the fully qualified domain name) when accessing Central Admin, and that allowed me to see the PWA Settings - Manage.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 10:21 PM