Windows 2016- Unable to do mail merge with my secondary email accounts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Microsoft Office 2016. Earlier I was doing mail merge on Windows 2007, it was working. Now I moved towards windows 2016. I have added 8 free email with Outlook. For Mail merge I select particular email to set as default. After that I open word and follow the steps of mail merge, at last when merge completed then I saw that every time email is gone through my one fixed email not from the email I set it as default. Can any one suggest that how can I use other email too for sending mail merge. What I need to change into the configuration or what is missing? I have set up IMAP server configuration for gmail, Yahoo. 

Please suggest what's need to be done and what is missing to do.

Looking for your kind revert.

Regards:
    Joseph                                       

• Moved by Perry-Pan Friday, May 3, 2019 7:53 AM
    Wednesday, May 1, 2019 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Joseph,

Please follow the steps below to change the sending email address on a mail merge.

1. In Outlook, click File > Account Settings, select the email account you want to use, set it as default.
    2. Then click File > Options, check the box of "Always Use the Default Email to Send Messages"
    3. Then there is a step here that you may have missed: Click File > Account Settings > Data Files, select the data file of the email account you want to use, set it as default.

So, if you'd like to change the sender's email address in mail merge, you need to set both the email account and the data files of the account as default.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 2, 2019 7:03 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 6, 2019 7:09 AM
  • Hi

Have you got your issue fixed?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 7:27 AM