Multi Monitor environment resets to over under setup not side by side RRS feed

• Question

• So my issue is that when I log into my computer it will some times (not all the time) revert from a side by side multi monitor setup to a over under setup. Like if you go into screen resolution settings I will have it set to monitor 1 on the left, and monitor 2 on the right, then when I lock the computer and then log back in, it will have monitor 1 positioned over the top of monitor 2. 

I'm thinking there is possibly a default that it keeps going back to, but I'm not sure where I would look for that, other than the screen resolution settings. Another possibility for the origin of this problem could be Microsoft User Experience Virtualization Agent, which we have installed on all our computers here to synchronize the various setting we have connected to our profiles. It looks like UEV might synchronize monitor layout settings, and with that it could be some how defaulting on an over under set up. Overall I am unsure of what to do about his. 
    Tuesday, December 1, 2015 8:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Ian Olayvar Thursday, January 7, 2016 5:28 PM
    Thursday, January 7, 2016 8:01 AM

All replies

• Does anyone have any ideas?
    Wednesday, December 2, 2015 8:57 PM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, I understand the status of your machine. Multiple monitors showed image side by side change into up and down after you log on, and this condition arises.

Display issue usually caused by graphics card, since your monitors display normally for the most part, Windows system needn’t to change configuration.

Therefore, we may try to the following procedure.

1.Update video card drivers, download them from the manufacturer official website.

2.Disable unused graphics adapters.

3.Check the status of DirectX, which is an underlying support software from Microsoft that aids and enables many graphical functions. This should be up to date at all times.

In addition, support document also could give you some prompt, please refer to.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/troubleshoot-multiple-monitor-problems

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc958108.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

In addition, the hotfix here for this issue, please check it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2496400

Last but not least, if there is the graphic mange software for your graphic card? If so, I suggest to try the modification there.

Hope my suggestion could be helpful.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 2:53 AM
  • None of the problems listed on the Troubleshoot page or the technet page are similar enough problems to have a possible fix. This issue I am having doesn't happen every time the user locks their computer. I updated the Display drivers, Ill try to update the Graphics Driver and see what happens. The graphics card is just a built in Intel HD Graphics 4600. But regardless I will try to update that and see what happens.
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:37 PM
  • Hi lan Olayvar,

If you get the result, please post it in your reply.

Since this problem occurred randomly, we need more patience, isn't it?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, December 6, 2015 10:12 AM
  • So I found out that if you go into the Intel Graphics Setting it only see 1 monitor, rather than 2 which is the number of monitors plugged in. Let me know if this helps at all.
    Monday, December 21, 2015 5:09 PM
  • Hi,
    Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

• Marked as answer by Ian Olayvar Thursday, January 7, 2016 5:28 PM
    Thursday, January 7, 2016 8:01 AM
  • We opted to replace his computer rather than fuss with it. I will say that, I don't think I told you guys, but there was a separate graphics card an AMD 8350 (or atleast thats what the driver said it was) This could have been what was causing the problem. So we are just going to replace the computer and just end the problem. Thanks for all your help
    Thursday, January 7, 2016 5:28 PM