How can i run old active x app on ie 11 on windows 10? RRS feed

• Question

• At work we have a camera server running on windows 98 that uses active x to provide the camera feed to the end users. Since internet explorer 11 doesn't support old active x i can't access my camera feed on any windows 10. i tried to allow active x exécution in the internet option but with no luck. i tried using firefox or chrome still no luck. and i can't find on the web any browser that could support old active x. what can i do? also i can't change anything on the server side. 
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 1:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am afraid your Active X control is too old to run on mode modern browser.

Double check if you turn on the ActiveX correctly:

To change ActiveX settings

1. In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button , and then select Internet options.
    2. On the Security tab, select Custom level, and then under ActiveX controls and plug-ins, do one the following:

Allow Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls by selecting Enable.

Allow Internet Explorer to Display video and animation on a webpage that doesn't use external media player by selecting Enable.

Allow Internet Explorer to Download signed ActiveX controls by selecting Enable, or Prompt if you want to be notified each time this happens.

Allow Internet Explorer to Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins by selecting Enable, or Prompt if you want to be notified each time this happens.

Allow Internet Explorer to Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting by selecting Enable, or Prompt if you want to be notified each time this happens.
    3. Select OK, and then select OK again.

The detailed information, read this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/17469/windows-internet-explorer-use-activex-controls

If the issue persists, you have to update your ActiveX control to adjust the browser:

Out-of-date ActiveX control blocking

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie11-deploy-guide/out-of-date-activex-control-blocking

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 2:38 AM