RMS with sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am new RMS. I am working with RMS and Sharepoint.I need to understand how RMS will take control of Sharepoint Document Library permission

If user1 has read permission for doc1 in Sharepoint Document library.the same read permission will be maintained by RMS if he access the doc1 directly from the Folder or we need separate Right Policy Template for it ? please explain me on it..

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you are having looking at how SharePoint needs to be configured properly to work with AD RMS or how interoperability between these technologies occurs, it's helpful to ensure you understand how SharePoint implements IRM support.

Enabling IRM on Sharepoint forces users to use Sharepoint as a distribution method. It does this by only giving rights to the downloading user (and the SharePoint service user account), so the document cannot be forwarded.  Even if the document is forwarded to someone who has rights to it via SharePoint, they will not be able to open it because the IRM rights are only set to the downloading user.

For more information on how to troubleshoot SharePoint with AD RMS, see the following AD RMS Troubleshooting Guide:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13130.ad-rms-troubleshooting-guide-en-us.aspx

HTH,

Brad Mahugh
    Microsoft Corporation
    ------------------------
    This post is provided "AS IS" and confers no promises of current or future technical support for a specific support issue. Please use Microsoft product support if you need a service commitment for your current support case or issue.

Monday, April 1, 2013 10:25 PM