Buying windows key RRS feed

• Question

• Can I buy windows serial key from sites with 16 $ as I have the OS and I want to change the key or should I pay more than 100 $ for new windows for new key?

Or these sites aren't  allowed to sell windows key

Friday, July 5, 2019 1:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Always stick to legal Microsoft product retailers or Stores.

If you aren't able to get help from your retailer or have already tried and couldn't get a working key, call Microsoft Support.

Find your Windows product key

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Saturday, July 6, 2019 1:20 AM
  • Hello,

Always buy Windows product key from official Microsoft Store or authorized reseller. Those cheaper product keys are usually volume license keys which are not supposed to be used by end users and they needs to be re-activated frequently. Let me know, if your system is part of organization.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Saturday, July 6, 2019 2:23 AM
  • If the price for a Microsoft Windows 10 key is too good to be true, it is too good to be true and you'll end up losing all the money you paid for the bogus keys and end up humiliating yourself. 

Carey Frisch

Saturday, July 6, 2019 4:20 AM
  • Hi,

You could buy Windows 10 product key here:

The best Windows ever

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/windows?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=tab:shopwindows10

Some websites that sell cheap Windows 10 keys do not have a legitimate retail key directly from Microsoft. You may just be purchasing a completely fake key or an already-known key that was used to pirate Windows on multiple systems that has been blocked by Microsoft. 

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 5:23 PM
  • Hi,
    Was your issue solved?
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, July 21, 2019 7:21 PM