none
msi install do not appear at program list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I would like to deploy Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Runtime via gpo. I am installing from msi frirst to see it is working fine, but no. The program do no appear at the programs and features list.  What i did: downloaded from officeal site the exe. I extracted the exe, i am working with the called "minimum" msi. I edited the msi with Orca, added property: ADDEPLOY=1, shortened LocProductName (read it cannot extend 32 or 64 i do not remember), ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT set 0, becasue i want to see in the list. Tried with allusers=1 and 2 i read that maybe it is installing in the name of systems thats why i cannot se.

I have no more idea. Why is the program not appearing in the list? Please give me guidance wise ppl i am tired of hours of searching. 

Friday, July 12, 2019 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As your issue more related with development, I recommend to ask for help from Microsoft Developer Network(MSDN) forum. They should be more familiar with visual C++ issue, and they have more resource to help you.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?category=visualstudio

Bests, 

Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 15, 2019 6:09 AM
  • It is a simple program install. I posted at the right deployment topic, but it was moved. This is not a compatibility issue. You pointing me to developer forum, but i think they will not be faimiliar with program deployments. I hope I am wrong. Thank you for your response i will ask them.
    Monday, July 15, 2019 5:25 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

As I noticed you made some modification on the application, so we are not sure if the action is related with this symptom. We could try to check if it is appear in list without any modification.

If I misunderstood your issue please tell me directly.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, July 21, 2019 2:12 PM