ASP .NET Security Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys I recently installed VS2010 and MSSQL2008R2 and I'm using ASP .NET to create a website and of course my website contains a login page I'm using the Login Control from the toolbar in VS2010 but when I'm opening the Web site Administration tool to create a new acoount and when I click on security tab it shows me dis error

"There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store."

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect to SQL Server database. can you please help me I tried alot to resolve the problem but I still end up in same error message.

• Moved by Alexander Sun Friday, December 2, 2011 8:27 AM ASP.NET issue (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Friday, December 2, 2011 1:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Aftab-SUN,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I am sorry that this queue is about Visual Studio Setup and Installation. Your problem is related to ASP.NET, so I recommend you go to ASP.NET forum for better support.

ASP.NET forum: http://forums.asp.net/

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Friday, December 2, 2011 8:24 AM