Uninstall Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

We will be rolling out SP3 through SCCM soon, but in our testing we found that the Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit prevented quite a few installations of SP3.

In doing some research I found that I can use an uninstall string of MsiExec.exe /i {BC69E66C-47DE-412E-87DF-D1B8055A9AF7} to get rid of it, but my question is do I need the original software when I create the Package / Program in SCCM?

I ask because there's no where to find this software package online, and we've since deleted the .msi (was part of an older image that we had).

Thanks

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, this issue is related to SCCM. Please understand that this forum is for System Center Essentials related issues. To use the resource of System Center Configuration Manager, please click the link below:

System Center Configuration Manager
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/configurationmanager

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, April 15, 2011 6:00 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, this issue is related to SCCM. Please understand that this forum is for System Center Essentials related issues. To use the resource of System Center Configuration Manager, please click the link below:

System Center Configuration Manager
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/configurationmanager

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, April 15, 2011 6:00 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:57 AM
  • You're right - misread the description. I've created a thread in that forum - thanks.

This can be closed.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:36 PM