SharePoint 2016 strange behavior user information list RRS feed

• Question

• Hello SP Community,

i have the issue on only one of our web application at the sharepoint 2016 farm, that the USER INFROMATION LIST set the wrong email adress for the user at. For example

User: John Coffee
    Email: john.coffee@test.com
    UserLogon: coffee@test.com

is stored in der active directory.

When the user login for the first time at the site collection in the web application with the strange behavior, he get an entry at the user information list, but as email adress is used coffee@test.com and not the correct mail adress.

Additional information ,differences between the web applications at the farm:

* user profile service application ist not connected to the strange web application (but also when i connect this and delete the user from der user infromation list and try a new login attempt, i get the same behavior and issue)

When i perform an Set-SPUser -SyncFromAD the user gets the correct mail adresse in the user infromation list.
    The email adress is also correct at the the user profile at the user profile service application.

It would be great if somebody have an input for me. i dont know more, what i should troubleshoot at next. :)

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Greetings from vienna,
    Adi

• Edited by AJV89 Thursday, March 8, 2018 11:59 AM
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 11:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Auke, The issue was an bug. We installed the cumulative update of march 2018 and now the issue is not more present. Hope‘ this will also help you. Br, Adi
    • Marked as answer by AJV89 Saturday, June 2, 2018 12:59 AM
    • Edited by AJV89 Saturday, June 2, 2018 12:59 AM
    Saturday, June 2, 2018 12:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Adi,

I have the same problem with a customer of us. The UserProfile > User information sync is not working in SharePoint 2016. The information in the Userprofile is correct.

when you share a document for example you get a bounced email because the emailaddress of the user is wrong in de user information list.

You can trigger an update by giving a user temp. permission on the site or use Set-SPuser -SyncFromAD

We are now using a workaround where Set-SPuser -SyncFromAD is scheduled for all sites and users but I didn't have time to look at the reason why the sync is not working so I hope someone knows why.

Greetings from Rotterdam, the Netherlands.

Auke.Bergsma@motion10.com

Friday, March 9, 2018 8:15 AM
  • Hi Auke,

thanks for your reply and your suggestion with the Set-SPUser. I use this PS command already, but i need at the first login the correct mail adress, because a process is triggered with the email adress and the first login. 

This issue is very strange and we have it only at one web application in all other web applications at the same SP farm it works like a charm. Do you have alle service applications connected to your web application where the issue happens?

I will let you know, if we found a solution.
    Greetings from vienna, Adi

• Edited by AJV89 Monday, March 12, 2018 2:39 PM
    Monday, March 12, 2018 2:35 PM
  • Hi Auke, The issue was an bug. We installed the cumulative update of march 2018 and now the issue is not more present. Hope‘ this will also help you. Br, Adi
    • Marked as answer by AJV89 Saturday, June 2, 2018 12:59 AM
    • Edited by AJV89 Saturday, June 2, 2018 12:59 AM
    Saturday, June 2, 2018 12:59 AM