none
How do I check this box in a deployment w/ supercedence? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out how this box gets checked when I make a new deployment, 

Somehow, this has been getting checked, but when I make a new deployment to target a device collection, I can't see where to specify this behavior.  

When I look at the settings for the apps supercedence itself, I don't see this listed anywhere...

How do I check the 'automatically upgrade any superceded  versions of this application' box?

If this post was helpful, please vote up or 'Mark as Answer'! More of this sort of thing at www.foxdeploy.com

Thursday, January 21, 2016 3:35 PM

Answers

• SO, we figured this out today:

It turns out this this checkbox is only created after a deployment is made, and not actually presented to the user at all.

If a deployment already exists, and then later a supercedence is created, the checkbox of 'Automatically upgrade any superceded versions of this application' will be made visible on the deployment, but not checked.

HOWEVER: If a supercedence is created FIRST, then a deployment is made, the checkbox will be added AND checked.  This has the same impact as making a new required deployment, even if the deployment is marked as Available.

User's beware, this could definitely bite someone in the butt. I'll be raising this issue on UserVoice (already 20 votes!  Voting it up raises it to the attention of the product team, and can result in this being fixed in a future version on configmgr!)

If you'd like to read more about this, I've covered it here on my site.

If this post was helpful, please vote up or 'Mark as Answer'! More of this sort of thing at www.foxdeploy.com

Thursday, January 21, 2016 3:51 PM

All replies

• SO, we figured this out today:

It turns out this this checkbox is only created after a deployment is made, and not actually presented to the user at all.

If a deployment already exists, and then later a supercedence is created, the checkbox of 'Automatically upgrade any superceded versions of this application' will be made visible on the deployment, but not checked.

HOWEVER: If a supercedence is created FIRST, then a deployment is made, the checkbox will be added AND checked.  This has the same impact as making a new required deployment, even if the deployment is marked as Available.

User's beware, this could definitely bite someone in the butt. I'll be raising this issue on UserVoice (already 20 votes!  Voting it up raises it to the attention of the product team, and can result in this being fixed in a future version on configmgr!)

If you'd like to read more about this, I've covered it here on my site.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 3:51 PM
  • Dear Sir,

Thank you for your finding and sharing.

Best regards

Frank

Friday, January 22, 2016 7:15 AM