none
DPM 2010 - System State Insufficient Space RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows2003 server that for one reason or another I cannot increase the disk space available on the C: drive and the System State or System Protection replication fails. I know I saw information somewhere on how to force DPM to create the DPM System State folder on another drive but I cannot for the life of me find it now. How is this done ?
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 1:41 PM

Answers

• Could you provide a little more detail please ? My data drive is my F: drive which is where I need to store the BKF file. Do i just replace the %systemdrive% with F: or do I need to specify the folder or what exactly ?
    • Marked as answer by tgoetzman Friday, August 6, 2010 7:10 PM
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:09 PM

All replies

• hi ,

You can change the location where the *.bkf is stored through editing the PSDatasourceconfig.xml file on the agent.

To change the location of the system state backup file

1. On the protected computer, open PSDatasourceConfig.xml in an XML or text editor. PSDatasourceConfig.xml is typically located at install path\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\Datasources.

2. Change the <FilesToProtect> value from %systemdrive% to the desired location.

3. Save the file.

4. On the DPM server, if there is a protection group protecting the system state of the protected computer in step 1, run a consistency check.

5. The consistency check will fail and generate an alert. Perform the recommended actions in the alert as follows:

1. In the alert details, click the Modify protection group link, and then step through the wizard.
      2. Perform a consistency check.

regards,

ALex

Thursday, August 5, 2010 2:10 PM
  • Could you provide a little more detail please ? My data drive is my F: drive which is where I need to store the BKF file. Do i just replace the %systemdrive% with F: or do I need to specify the folder or what exactly ?
    • Marked as answer by tgoetzman Friday, August 6, 2010 7:10 PM
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:09 PM
  • Thank you ! I did a little experimenting and it worked perfectly. Much appreciated
    Friday, August 6, 2010 7:10 PM