AD FS 3.0 support claim type RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there a list of AD FS support claim type? 

For example, I want to block a user base on the incoming URL, which of the claim type should I use?

Thank you.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:31 AM

All replies

• Can you give more details/examples?

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 4:15 AM
  • I only find some claim types in the following post:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh526961(v=ws.10).aspx ==> New claim types.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee913589.aspx ==> Whats are claim types?

Is there any complete list? 

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 8:15 AM
  • Let's focus on the objective. You want to filter based on the URL. What exactly you are trying to achieve here? Avoid user to access certain part of a trusted app? Or is it for Office 365?

Note that the URL the user is trying to access at the moment it gets redirected to ADFS for authentication is not into any claims and cannot be added into the claim pipeline.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 4:47 PM
  • Thank you very much for your reply. 

I want to know what kinds of information that can go into to claim for  processing.

Thursday, March 24, 2016 8:06 AM
  • By default:

• Anything you want about the user: any attributes from AD.
    • A little bit about the connection's context: IP address, user agent string, endpoint used on ADFS.

Do you need something specific?

Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:13 PM