Vista not DETECTING my MODEM RRS feed

• Question

• Vista Ultimate is not detecting my UT300R2U modem when i plug it on to the usb port in my system. nothing wrong with the port coz the transcend pen drive is detected in the same port by vista and my modem is working well with xp in the same port. but when modem is plugged, nothing happens in vista.. so i'm not able to install the driver files too... please help me...
    Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, based on the symptom, this issue can be caused by USB controller driver. I suggest we first perform the following steps to troubleshoot it:

1.       Please disconnect all USB devices.

2.       Click "Start", type in Device Manager the Search bar and press "Enter". Click Continue if necessary.

3.       In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the "Host Controller", click "Uninstall" and click "OK".

4.       Repeat the step 3 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows Vista will reinstall all USB controllers automatically. Then, let's check if the device can be recognized by the system.

Monday, April 21, 2008 7:55 AM
  • i read from the net that vista doesnt support modems via usb.. it supports only ethernet and modem routers.... is this the reason for my sys to fail in detecting the modem via usb???
    Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:06 PM
  •  

This can be a possible reason of the issue. We can check the device in HCL and see whether it is fully supported by Vista.

https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/

Thursday, April 24, 2008 5:47 AM